Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekends are for Triathlons

During my husband's first deployment I trained for and completed a marathon.  When I found out he was deploying again I knew I wanted to work towards accomplishing something, I just wasn't sure what.  That's when I saw an announcement in our church bulletin for The Perfect Tri - a triathlon training group.  So I signed up, not really knowing what I was getting myself into!  I swam in college and had run races before, but the biking part honestly terrified me.  Well after 3 months of training, today was race day!!! 

IRON MT. SPRINT TRIATHLON
400 yard swim
Time: 7:37.0
Overall Rank: 3/20



11 Mile Bike
Time: 46:40.9
Overall Rank: 16/20


3 Mile Run
Time: 26:13.4
Overall Rank: 7/20



Total Time: 1:22:44


1st Place in Age Group!!!
9th Overall




A BIG THANK YOU TO:
God - Praise the LORD!
my hubby for his constant support
my mom for flying all the way from Jersey to cheer me on
Aunt T and Uncle J for watching the girls
Joyann for babysitting during much of my training
my coaches Jeff and Amy
the entire Perfect Tri group for their awesome encouragment

Pre-race devotion and source of strength:
"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits --
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103:1-3


1 comment:

Melody Daniel said...

Congrats, Jess! I know you worked really hard for this! I'm proud of you!